Things that diverted, engaged or otherwise distracted me in February.
- Jake Xerxes Fussell – I’ve listened to this pretty much every day since it appeared on Caught By The River.
- A half-term trip to see friends in Yorkshire, taking in the excellent Yorkshire Sculpture Park.
- A night at the Heavenly Social to watch a film about the Thames from 1986, and hear Michael Smith read – entertainingly – from his new novel. I’d like to see Thames Film again sometime; it was striking how much hasn’t really changed along ‘my’ bit of the river, despite de-industrialisation and the coming of glass fronted office and flat developments.
- Some photography noted:
- I’ve been enjoying Ian Forsyth’s Room 2850 photo blog. The Seacoalers series really grabbed me; incredible that there are still people seacoaling in Britain in 2015.
- These Ernest Withers images, tweeted by John Edwin Mason. I love the one of BB King in his shorts/suit.
- This video of George Georgiou’s Last Stop project prompted me to order the book.
- Niall McDiarmid’s London Fashion Week shoot for Vogue is a great look at multicultural London, far from the bits of town where LFW is usually found.