All shot on an iPhone 6s+, then processed in Snapseed iOS app. Here follows the magic formula* for B&W conversion in Snapseed:
- Contrast +10%
- Drama +20% (don’t be put off when you open this filter and find it defaulted to a deeply unpleasant 90%)
- Convert to Black & White: ‘Neutral’
- Apply a colour filter in the Black & White conversion filter, to taste
- Warmth +8%
- Vignette: to taste, depending how cluttered your corners are
- Frame: whatever (but here’s something I have learnt: the more film-like the frame I use, the more I regret it later).
*Not a magic formula, obviously; but a useful shortcut, hopefully. All values above approximate.