Some items, actions and events of note from the last week (some good, one bad)
- The great Anthony Braxton at Cafe OTO on Tuesday
- A trip to Canary Wharf’s Winter Lights with daughter: a nice evening out and break in the school/work routine:
- A Saturday afternoon with visiting friends doing an ‘introduction to archery’ course in Greenwich. Don’t think I’ll take it up as a regular hobby, but it was fun
- A post-archery riverside tour of Greenwich (and its pubs) with the same visiting friends; a reminder that this is a pretty great place to live (even in January):
- Awake on Sunday morning, though, to the news that a local bank and takeaway had been targeted by racists spraying antisemitic graffiti overnight. A deeply depressing reminder of what lurks beneath in any of our neighbourhoods, and how the far right has become emboldened in recent years. It’s to be hoped that there is the CCTV footage to find and prosecute the perpetrators.
- To the cinema for Armani Ianucci’s David Copperfield: great fun, and cleverly done. A good way to spend a damp and grey Sunday afternoon.